When we first moved to Perth, I was thrilled to find spots to have delicious coffee, as well as breakfast and brunch; however, after a few weeks, I still struggled to find a great restaurant at which to have dinner.
What to do!?
Well, after eating my way through a few places that had been recommended and written about on local Perth blogs, I thought that maybe a collaborative post with some of my favorite Perth bloggers would provide both my readers and selfishly, myself (!) with some ideas with their favorite spots to have dinner. So here you have it: a smattering of some of my favorite Perth bloggers and their favorite dinner spot in the area. And these fellow bloggers were so incredibly kind and helpful in this collaborative post 🙂
A big thank you to all of the contributing ladies – yall gave some great ones that I cant wait to try out ASAP. And check out their blogs as well; each has a fun and different voice, with topics ranging from food, lifestyle, and fashion. Bon appetit!
- Adelle of Where the Styled Things Are
- Kent Street Deli has an eclectic/quirky feel, with miss matched plates from the 70’s, to home made delights using fresh produce. Just a street away from the beach, it’s an idyllic location for any meal of the day. Breakfasts are a delight enough to make any big eater satisfied, lunches are my favourite in the chicken and leek pie with a jar of layered salad, and if you are lucky enough to get in on the Saturday night bistro (first in first served) I can guarantee a delicious 3 course meal (try the chocolate fondant!!). Not to mention freshly squeezed juice, healthy shakes and an abundance of vegan and raw treats. The perfect road trip opportunity!
- 8 Kent Street, Rockingham, WA
- Amanda of The Chef, his Wife, and their PERTHfect Life
- Choosing a favourite Perth restaurant for me is like a mother having to choose a favourite child – especially if you have 15 children! It’s a tough one, but I’d have to choose Print Hall, in Perth city. I’m cheating a little, as this is a multi-venue. A chat over champagne with Jerry, oyster shucker extraordinaire, is a must before dinner. Print Hall offers a bar menu and finer food in their chic dining room. My husband and I absolutely love Apple Daily, the Asian street food bar upstairs. The food is so authentic and great to share. The roof top bar Bobs is great for a drink under the city skyscrapers too.
- 125 St. Georges Terrace, Perth, WA
- Carly of Perth Munchkin
- With so many lovely places in Perth to eat these days but one for me that has been a long time consistent performer is Divido in Mt Hawthorn. It’s largely an Italian menu with all their pastas made in house and some really interesting and delicious flavour combinations. My very favourite dish there is their Wood Roasted Half Duck, which comes served with buckwheat polenta, mustard fruits, spring onion and porcini sauce. Just divine! They also have a Champagnes Tuesday special where it is three courses with a glass of bubbles for just $65. Such an excellent venue and the food is incredible.
- 170 Scarborough Beach Road, Mt Hawthorn, WA
- Kristy of Queen of Bad Timing
- When it comes to a guaranteed great night out, there’s no going past Beaufort Street’s little hole in the wall, Bivouac. With an ever changing menu and delicious, seasonal dishes I always enjoy every meal I eat here – and to top it off there’s a great wine list to work your way through too. If you ever stop by I definitely recommend ordering their croquettes – they are crunchy, creamy and the perfect bite.
- 198 William Street, Perth, WA
- Lyvia & Anna of Savour The Moment Perth
- Bread In Common in Fremantle is a warehouse turned kitchen and bakery, peeled back to its exposed brick walls and concrete floors that features communal tables throughout the restaurant. Bread In Common is all about sharing: Their ricotta gnocchi was simple but beautiful, but their dessert stands out the most. Their peanut mousse dessert was absolutely outstanding — both in taste and presentation.
- 43 Pakenham Street, Fremantle, WA
- Natalie of iMasticate
- I love running around to taste different food rather than visiting the same place over and over, especially with so many new restaurants popping up around Perth. However, the Bonsai in Northbridge is one of my long-time favourites for special occasion dinners. It serves up fantastic Japanese-fusion food that you can share with family and friends!
- 30 Roe Street, Northbridge, WA
- Simone of SimoneHeng.com & DIYnamicstyle.com (also Perth Mix 94.5 Announcer, 12-4PM, weekdays and fellow Dubai transfer!)
- My recommendation is Satsuki in Subiaco. It’s completely underrated as a venue. Tucked away near Subiaco train station it has very decent prices and really quality Japanese food. Look out for the weekday specials. It’s perfect for those watching their figures as the food is lean and fresh and it’s licensed.
- 50 Subiaco Square Road, Subiaco, WA
- Su of Oyster and Pearl (and a very happy birthday to her!)
- Currently the pick for my favourite chow spot in Perth has to be Jezebelle in Guildford. Embarrassingly I’m a new fan as it appears to be a favourite among many, although somewhat of a well kept secret. The service and decor is matched by its exceptional food. The menu is seasonal and the perfect dish for this Perth winter has to be their slow cooked beef cheeks served on some of the creamiest polenta you’ve ever had. Accented with pickled mushrooms, which is the perfect flavour compliment, it’s a dish that doesn’t disappoint. Do leave room for the churros with dulce de leche sauce. San Churros ain’t got nothing on these and I will make the big call that these are THE best churros in Perth. Swing by on a Sunday afternoon for an extra special treat of live music while you eat and drink.
- 127 James Street, Guildford, WA
- Susie of Thorn Family Adventures in Oz
- The best fish and chips are from the Groper and His Wife, but it is counter only service so place your order and enjoy eating at the park across the street. Another one of our all time favorites is Amphoras in West Perth. Fantastic food and excellent service. They seriously have the best paella I have ever enjoyed outside of Spain.
- Groper & His Wife: 14/31 Gayton Road, City Beach, WA
- Amphoras: 1303 Hay Street, West Perth, WA
Enjoy these delicious recommendations and local Perth bloggers – they’re the best! Until next time…